About this book
Many children want to know where stories come from and how a book is made. Marie-Louise Gay’s new picture book provides them with some delightfully inspiring answers in a fictional encounter between an author and some very curious children, who collaborate on writing and illustrating a story.
Marie-Louise has scribbled, sketched, scrawled, doodled, penciled, collaged and painted the words and pictures of a story-within-a-story that show how brilliant ideas creep up on you when you least expect it and how words sometimes float out of nowhere asking to be written.
Any Questions? presents a world inhabited by lost polar bears, soaring pterodactyls, talking trees and spotted snails, with cameo appearances by some of Marie-Louise’s favorite characters — a world where kids can become part of the story and let their imaginations run wild… and just maybe they will be inspired to create stories of their own.
At the end of the book, Marie-Louise provides answers to many of the questions children have asked her over the years, such as “Are you Stella?” “How did you learn to draw?” “Can your cat fly?” “How many books do you make in one day?”
About the Author
Marie-Louise Gay is a world-renowned author and illustrator of children’s books. She has won many prestigious awards, including two Governor General’s awards and the Marilyn Baillie Picture Book Award. Her books have been translated into more than fifteen languages and are loved by children all over the world. She lives in Montreal. Visit Marie-Louise Gay's website: http://www.marielouisegay.com/ Visit Marie-Louise Gay's blog: http://marielouisegay.wordpress.com/
Awards and Praise
- Commended White Ravens, 2015
- Short-listed Governor General's Literary Award for Children's Illustration, 2014
- Commended Notable Children's Books in the Language Arts, 2015
- Short-listed Quebec Writers' Federation Prize for Children’s and Young Adult Literature, 2014
- Short-listed TD Canadian Children's Literature Award, 2015
- Commended Cooperative Children's Book Center Choices, 2015
- Commended Kirkus Reviews Best Books of the Year, 2014
- Commended Globe 100 Best Books, 2014
- Short-listed Vancouver Children's Roundtable Information Book Award, 2015
- Winner Amelia Frances Howard-Gibbon Illustrator’s Award, 2015