Regular price $9.95 CAD
About this book
Joan Clark • Kady MacDonald Denton
A beautiful, atmospheric tale of winter from Joan Clark and Kady MacDonald Denton.
Snow falls all day, all week, all month! Sammy’s world is covered in snow. As he clambers up the mountains of snow, he imagines what might lie beneath — a black bear and her cubs, whales and seals, even elves mining rubies and emeralds! Finally, the weather turns warm and the snow begins to melt . . .
This simple but deliriously evocative book is a paean to that magical stuff that fills the winters of those who live in northern climates.
Correlates to the Common Core State Standards in English Language Arts:
With prompting and support, ask and answer questions about key details in a text.
Use illustrations and details in a story to describe its characters, setting, or events.
About the Creators
Joan Clark is the author of many award-winning books for children and adults. She lives in St. John's, Newfoundland.
Kady MacDonald Denton
Kady MacDonald Denton is one of Canada's most highly regarded children's book illustrators. She lives in Peterborough, Ontario. Visit Kady Macdonald Denton's website: http://www.kadymacdonalddenton.ca/
Awards and Praise
- Winner Elizabeth Mrazik-Cleaver Picture Book Award, 2007
- Commended Bank Street College Children's Library Best Children's Books of the Year, 2007
- Long-listed SYRCA Shining Willow Award, 2007
- Winner Elizabeth-Mrazik Cleaver Award, 2006
- Short-listed Ruth and Sylvia Schwartz Award, 2007
- Short-listed CLA Amelia Frances Howard-Gibbon Illustrator's Award, 2007