Introducing Teachers’ Guides to Groundwork Guides: enhancing the teaching and learning experience
Hello, educators and keen learners!
We’re very excited to present to you our brand spankin’ new TEACHERS’ GUIDES for our bestselling Groundwork Guides series. These Teachers’ Guides are designed to boost your curriculum, promote classroom discussion, and help you get the most out of your Groundwork Guides (for ages 14 and up.).
“[The Groundwork Guides] are excellent books, mandatory for school libraries and the increasing body of young people prepared to take ownership of the situations and problems previous generations have left them.” — Globe and Mail
Each Teachers’ Guide includes the following sections:
- About the Book: A point-form outline of each Groundwork Guide
- About the Author: A brief biography
- Curriculum Connections may include • English Language Arts • World Studies • Business Studies • Humanities and Social Sciences • Health/Career and Life Management • Social Studies (Civics, Geography, History, World Studies) • Humanities and Social Sciences • Arts (Visual Arts, Theater Arts) • Information and Communications Technology • Health/Career and Life Management
- Ideas for Getting Started: Suggestions for discussion and activities to introduce the subject to your class, activate students’ prior knowledge, and assist in assessing students’ knowledge of the subject • Each Getting Started section includes a reproducible master to help introduce the unit • Includes tips for handling issues-based books in the classroom
- Teaching/Learning Approaches: Suggestions for implementing and managing classroom study of the books as a class, as independent study, or in groups
- Ideas for Discussion: A variety of discussion topics guaranteed to engage your students
- Ideas for Activities: Rich activities suitable for cross-curricular study that students will enjoy • Intended to engage students while helping them gain an understanding of complex issues
- Assessment and Evaluation: Each Teachers’ Guide includes an assessment tool (a self-assessment checklist, questionnaire or rubric) for teachers and students to assess learning • Tools can be easily adapted for use with all the guides
We currently have guides available for these three fantastic Groundwork Guides:
Stay tuned as we upload more guides to our website over the next few months. And please feel free to leave your feedback in the comments! We’d love to hear what you think about this new initiative.