About this book
The Law of Dreams
Peter BehrensReader's Guide ↓
Winner of the Governor General's Award for Fiction. Peter Behrens's bestselling novel is gorgeously written, Homeric in scope, and haunting in its depiction of a young man's perilous journey from innocence to experience.
The Law of Dreams follows Fergus O'Brien from Ireland to Liverpool and Wales during the Great Potato Famine of 1847, and then beyond -- to a harrowing Atlantic crossing to Montreal. On the way, Fergus loses his family, discovers a teeming world beyond the hill farm where he was born, and experiences three great loves.
About the Author
Peter Behrens is a novelist and short-story writer who won the 2006 Governor General's Award for fiction. He lives in Maine, USA. Visit Peter Behrens' website: http://www.peterbehrens.org Visit Peter Behrens' blog: http://www.autoliterate.blogspot.com/ Follow Peter Behrens on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/phbehrens
Awards and Praise
- Short-listed Amazon.ca/Books in Canada First Novel Award, 2007
- Short-listed CBA Libris Award for Fiction Book of the Year, 2007
- Short-listed Commonwealth Writers' Prize - Best Book, 2007
- Short-listed Rogers Writers' Trust Fiction Prize, 2007
- Winner Governor General's Literary Awards: Fiction, 2006